Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Funnies

In an attempt to capture some of the funny moments/stories of the week, I'm going to try to do a weekly "Friday Funny" post. Just a little something to help me remember all the cute and funny things that Ryan does. Today I have two stories, here's the first. I'll write up the 2nd one later today when I have time.

1) Bedtime
Every night before I go to bed, I go into Ryan's room to check on him. To make sure he's not too hot or cold, open or close the window, move blankets and stuffed animals out of the way, and just to give him some love and count my blessings. Typically he sleeps through the whole thing...no matter how loud I am. A couple of nights ago when I went in to check on him, he was making sucking noises ... more like smacking than sucking...but he was definitely doing something. Since the air outside was cool and I worried that come morning, his room would be freezing...and since he had short sleeves on and no socks, that meant I needed to close the window. So I closed it and I heard an "mmMMMmm" - which is a typical sound he makes when something is yummy. So I said softly, "mmmMMmmm". And then he sat up. He didn't look at me but smacked his lips again. I gently kissed the top of his head and laid him down. Turns out he was totally asleep. Must have been having a yummy dream - I can only guess that he was dreaming about the yummy pumpkin bread we had earlier that day. It was all I could do to get out of the room without busting up laughing. When I went downstairs, E had heard it/seen it all on the monitor. We both got a good giggle out of it. :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Awwww - I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE Friday Funnies!!!

Bre said...

That is so funny! : )