Monday, October 13, 2008

Camping

I hate to even admit this because I've literally spent the last 7 months saying "I hate camping! Never again with Ryan! It's too hard! It's too much work!" etc. etc. etc. And then I go on to contradict myself because I love our annual family camping trip to Foresthill. We go every year with our dirtbike club and it's always been a lot of fun. October is a beautiful time of year in the mountains and the weather is usually great. Cold in the morning and warm enough during the day.

I've actually looked forward to this trip for several months and was even more excited when Brian, Janet, and Sara said that they were coming too! Another mom to commiserate with when our toddlers get cranky. :) To make it even better, we invited a new couple to come with us: Melissa and Dan. I met Melissa through my online mom's group and her husband rides....so it was a perfect setup! It was great to meet new friends and their 2 dogs were just adorable!

Anyway - we had a great time! Ryan had a BLAST! He really loved everything about camping. Although he didn't sleep very well the first night and was a bit cranky the next morning, he took a good nap on Saturday and slept well Saturday night. We camped right next to Janet and Brian and the family next to us had so many fun toys for the kids to play with, they were in heaven. I don't know if you've been anywhere like this with a toddler, but it's really fun to see all the "new" things through their eyes. We collected rocks....ran through the forrest....chased the dogs...played on toys....followed the big kids around....and generally had a great time. I'm sure you can guess how happy E was when Ryan couldn't get enough of the kid-sized dirtbikes. It was the first thing Ryan wanted to do in the morning and we would spend a good 30 minutes with him getting on the bike....looking around....climbing down. Climbing up....inspecting the choke....turning the handle...climbing down. It was priceless. He loved it.

And now for the pictures! Beware - I took a TON!

Ryan's first attempt at t-ball (and yes - this is the neighbor's camp area - lots of toys!)
Ryan's favorite toy: the broom
Ryan and Sara playing
When Ryan decides that he likes you, he will try and tackle you...which is really more of a bump. Those of you who have been around us lately have probably been subjected to his "attacks". These next few pictures are of Ryan accosting Sara. Ryan would run up behind her and bump into her. Sara would crack up laughing which would cause Ryan to crack up. Before you knew it, they both had a case of the giggles. Janet and I were cracking up because it "looked" really bad. And this went on for about 5-10 minutes. Sooo funny!

Nooo - Sara isn't biting Ryan...but it sure looks that way. :)
Daddy and Ryan checking out the camp
Ryan eating a cookie.
Cheese!
Checking the place out - this is how I spent most of my weekend...Ryan running and me chasing. :)
Off to see Daddy
Taking a break
Riding in Sara's carChecking out Daddy's quad

Going for a ride
Riding the neighbor's dirtbike
On and off...on and off...

No comments: