The last week has been pretty eventful in the Martin Household - but not in a good way. Ryan came down with the stomach flu on Monday and the poor little guy was just so sick. Couldn't keep anything down and anything that he did keep down, came out the other end in a not-so-pretty fashion. It's hard being a mom and knowing that your child is feeling so crummy and not be able to do anything about it. We had lots of cuddles and hugs and snuggles which made me extremely happy.
Just as he was starting to feel better, I came down with it...only about 10 times worse. I threw up a lot more than he did and it lasted longer. I guess there was a price to pay for all the hugs and cuddles.
And if that wasn't enough, E was doing the yard work and something flew up and hit him in the eye. It bothered him initially but by the time he went to bed, he was pretty miserable. This was the night that I had my flu the worst. So at about 1:30 in the morning, E drove himself to the emergency room. Not exactly the best idea but he didn't want to take a taxi and I was in no shape to take him. He's so very lucky he didn't get pulled over!
So here we are on Saturday, E's better...Ryan still has a running nose and coughs occasionally...and I am still pretty congested and coughing. I hope that we feel better soon - Mother's Day is tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment