Ryan had his 15 month appointment last Friday (May 9th) - only a couple of weeks late! ;-) I thought I'd post here what's new with him:
Weight: 23 lbs 15 oz (40%)
Height: 32.5" (80%)
He's hitting all of his development milestones (yay!) and is right on track.
He currently has 9 teeth (4 front top, 3 front bottom, and 2 top molars). He's working on 2 more teeth (1 molar and 1 lower front). I can always tell when he's teething, he stops eating and likes to stick his hand as far into his mouth as possible. He also gets really "huggy". I love that part - even though I feel sad for him.
Ryan has also hit a growth spurt - he's long and lean! I bought several summer shirts about 2 months ago anticipating that he'd be able to wear them for a good portion of the summer. Although they still fit around the middle, they are much too short now. (I bought 18 month shirts). So now I'm buying him new 24 month shirts. Here's a run-down on his sizes:
Shirts - mainly 24 months (but for "good" brands, he can still wear 18 mos)
Pants - 18 months fit perfectly - still a little big in the waist - and he still has no butt so they just slide right off
Shorts - mainly 18 months but he can also wear 12 month cotton shorts. Honestly we're all over the board with shorts - he wears anything from 12 - 24 mos.
Shoes - He's wearing size 5.5 sandals, size 5 flip flops, and size 6 water shoes.
We are trying to wean Ryan from the bottle - he's done really well so far. We struggle with the bedtime routine - he's so used to going to sleep with milk that it's really hard for us to break that habit. We keep trying though. The pedi wants the bottles to be gone by 18 mos...I didn't confess that we still put him to bed WITH milk. I'd probably get the "bad mom of the year" award! sheesh!
Ryan understands most things we say - I know I keep saying this but it's just so fun to tell him: "let's put your toys in the basket" and he actually does it. Or our all time favorite: "Go give daddy a kiss goodnite" and he makes a kissing noise while walking/running to daddy. Melts us every time!
Today he also had a new word: "na-na". I was cutting a banana for him and asked him: "Do you want more banana?" and he said "na-na". !!!!!! Whoo-hoo! Then I clapped and said "YES - Na-NA!!! You want some na-na? Banana?" He was all grins and really proud of himself because then he started in on all the words he knows: "mama" "dada" "DaDEE" "dogEE" "ny-no" "ba (ball)", "bathhhh", etc.
So much fun!
1 comment:
Such a big boy!
Post a Comment