Saturday, May 3, 2008

Vegas Day Three

Our third and last full day in Las Vegas. Today is the day that we're going to Hoover Dam. E's conference ends at 1:00 so we'll head out after that.

Ryan and I spent the morning cruising the strip. The weather was PERFECT especially since yesterday it was quite cold in the morning. Ryan and I had such a good time walking and people watching. About the time we were getting ready to head back to the hotel, E called and he was done early! So we met at the McDonalds (I know - I know). We had such a good time eating lunch - mainly because Ryan was cracking us up. Here are a series of pictures of E and Ryan that I just love! E and Ryan play this game and they both end up cracking up - it's so funny! If E doesn't mind, I'll add the video in another post. It's too cute not to share!



You better not show these pictures Mom!

Walking back from lunch

Checking out the gondola

The newest member of the Blue Man Group

The trip to the dam was interesting. We took a lot of pictures of the scenery. I, of course, didn't go very close to the edge - but E had no problem with it! Here are a few pictures:

Waiting to see the Hoover Dam

Checkin' out the dam

The ride home was pretty uneventful - we stopped at Towbin Dodge to meet the "blue genie". Yes - you heard me correctly: the Blue Genie. The Blue Genie is a sales person on a reality show called "the King of Cars". Given that the show is filmed in Las Vegas, we did what every reality fan would do: we stopped....much to my sheer embarrassment. Not only did we stop, but we took pictures. (Can I die now????) :) It was fun though - and E was happy! I know you're jealous though - aren't you?



When we got back to the hotel, we had dinner and decided to check out the free pirate show at Treasure Island - or should I call it "TI"? That's their "new" name (although it could be old -it's been 7 years since I've been to vegas!). E and I were both excited to take Ryan to see the pirate show because it was family friendly...with swinging pirates, fun songs, diving into the water, fireworks, sinking ships, etc. Imagine our surprise when scantily clad women pirates started singing, dancing and gyrating to pop music. We both looked at each other and wondered what the heck happened! It was the 7:00 show - not the late ones. I guess "TI" decided that it needed to be less family-friendly and more risque! We were sadly disappointed and both agreed the old show was much better!

And now the day gets "interesting"....

When we got back to the hotel, E took Ryan upstairs to get ready for bed while I went to my favorite deli to spend my $1.62 on 8 oz of whole milk (yeah - highway robbery!). When I got back upstairs, the whole room reeked of pot. Yes - POT! Or as my mom and I like to call it: Dope. Apparently our neighbors were having a pot-fest and a good portion of it was coming through the adjoining door. We promptly called the front desk to complain and to be moved ASAP. Let's just make this really long story short and say: 1) the room they moved us to was okay - but right over the pool - which is good for Ryan, he can watch all the happenings, but bad for us because it's noisy. 2) they couldn't get us a crib for "at least an hour" because they had no one to go get us one. 3) they weren't willing to upgrade us, or give us a discount 'because they can't be responsible for the happenings in their rooms'.

um - yeah. "they can't be responsible". My ever-so-gentle reminder (NOT) that pot is an illegal drug and that I SHOULD have called the cops not the front desk got us a whopping $50 discount off of our Friday nite stay. They claim "the security guard couldn't determine where it was coming from". LIES!!!! He (and the bellman) both told us flat out that it was "really bad". I accused the hotel of protecting the security guard and that I was positive that the Venetian did not want this kind of publicity. I'm still outraged - as you can tell. I did end up getting the crib within 10 minutes though. I'll be calling the hotel this week to continue my complaint. The icing on the cake? I lost at blackjack AND the pool starts playing music at 7:30 in the morning. Oh joy. ;-)

Thank goodness we only had that one night in that room! Who knew going to Vegas with Ryan would give him so many experiences?!?! The LAST thing I expected was exposing my son to POT! Grrrrrr!

I'll leave you with one last picture/story. Ryan loved the new room so much that I could hardly catch him. He ran back and forth from the window, up the 2 stairs to the bathroom and back...over and over and over again. I couldn't resist snapping this shot - he's so posed! Check out his feet! :-)



No comments: