Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Santa Train

There's a park about 20 minutes from here that has miniature steam and diesel trains (or as Ryan likes to call them these days: "locomotives". Thanks Mickey Mouse!). They only run them on certain weekends in the summer and the times were usually right during nap time so we've never been. Until this year! I got a facebook message that they were doing the "santa train" and since E was gone for the day, we bundled up to go check it out.

I had high hopes for the day, I'll admit it. I had hoped that we'd get the perfect Santa shot...that Ryan would be his charming self...and it'd be an awesome mom/son date day. Didn't quite turn out that way but we still had a good time.

We got there right as they opened and although I didn't get a picture of the trains, I did get this one of Ryan sitting on the train waiting for our turn.



When we got to "Santa Town", Santa had a cute set up where he would talk to the kids and ask them what they wanted and then if we were going to do pictures (which we WERE), the kid would be hoisted up onto a minature train and Santa would stand behind him. (Totally cute, right?). Sadly, Ryan wasn't having it. He was VERY excited to tell Santa that he wanted a red bike and some choc-o-late but when it came to sitting on the train, he had a death grip on my neck. (sigh) Oh well...I chalked it up to practice for when we went to see Santa at the mall.

We were pleasantly surprised that afterwards we were treated to cookies and either hot cocoa or hot cider. Ryan wouldn't try the hot cocoa said it was "toooo hot mommy". So we just munched on our cookies.


It was a pretty cold day so after eating we headed back to the main station. Here's my attempt at a self-portrait.


What a fun day. Can't wait to go back and ride the trains again when it's a bit warmer. And now to start talking up Santa so that we can get a good Santa picture! :)

No comments: