After our not-so-successful trip to see Santa on the Santa train, we talked a LOT about Santa...we told stories...we watched videos....we wrote letters...we practiced and role-played. And then the big day finally came: it was Santa day.
So we put on our Christmas clothes and headed to the mall...talking excitedly about what he'd be wearing...what he'd look like...what he'd say...and that Ryan would sit on his lap so we could take a picture or two.
Ryan has known for a month what he wants for Christmas (a red bike) and wasn't afraid to tell anyone who asked. But I was worried that he wouldn't get his picture taken...so I threw in the ultimate bribe: "If you sit on Santa's lap and let me take your picture, we'll get to ride the MERRY GO ROUND." That's really all it took.
Ryan did AWESOME with Santa. Told him he wanted a red bike, a computer (umm, where did that come from), and some chocolate. The woman took several GREAT pictures of Ryan but this one was my favorite. I'm so proud of him. Such a big boy!
So we put on our Christmas clothes and headed to the mall...talking excitedly about what he'd be wearing...what he'd look like...what he'd say...and that Ryan would sit on his lap so we could take a picture or two.
Ryan has known for a month what he wants for Christmas (a red bike) and wasn't afraid to tell anyone who asked. But I was worried that he wouldn't get his picture taken...so I threw in the ultimate bribe: "If you sit on Santa's lap and let me take your picture, we'll get to ride the MERRY GO ROUND." That's really all it took.
Ryan did AWESOME with Santa. Told him he wanted a red bike, a computer (umm, where did that come from), and some chocolate. The woman took several GREAT pictures of Ryan but this one was my favorite. I'm so proud of him. Such a big boy!We had to wait a little while to ride the merry-go-round so we shared our first Jamba Juice and oatmeal.

It was a busy day - we also had a mini-photo shoot before we left the house so we could TRY to get our Christmas pictures taken. That's a different post though.
No comments:
Post a Comment