Once he hit a week, I did weekly - on his Thursday birthday. Some Thursdays, I was even awake at 4:24 in the morning and could sing to him while we nursed. And gradually....as we got to 20 weeks....21 weeks..22 weeks...it got a bit cumbersome, so I regretably changed my weekly song to a monthly version. I wish I could tell you when I stopped singing it monthly but it was probably around his first birthday. That's when I stopped taking monthly pictures of him in the green chair.
So...I'm sure you're wondering why I'm bringing this up now. :) Well....I started singing it to him again. And he loves it! I know what you're thinking: I'm crazy. But if you really know me - you know that I'm a sap - and I love my son. And I do silly things and sing silly songs and I'm generally just a nut....all for the benefit of my son. To make him smile (which surprisingly enough, he DOES when I sing - poor kid doesn't know that I can't carry a tune to save my life). I love him. And he laughs. And it makes me laugh.
So on this monumentous occasion (his 19 month birthday), enjoy my stories about birthday songs...and enjoy the pictures below of Ryan in his new bike helmet. Which really isn't new...but he refused to wear it when we first got it. Now he loves it. It's kind of like his sunglasses - no other kid his age keeps them on. But Ryan loves his shades. And loves to be cool. :)
Yeah - it's a little big. We need to put the extra pads in it.



Oh - and for his stats:
I have absolutely no idea what he weighs or how tall he is. I need a scale! And I need to get out my tape measure.
He's wearing 18 month shorts and 24 month shirts. He's in a size 6.5 shoes (for the most part). And we just switched this week to size 5 diapers! Gosh - they're big!
Ryan is talking up a storm and will repeat a lot of words...usually when you're least expecting it. My favs? Costco. Bummer. My name. Yeah - they're random...but totally hilarious coming from Ryan. I also love it when he says "apple juice". Which really sounds like "aaaajuuuuu". Would you like some apple juice Ryan? AAAAaaaaaaaJUUuuuuuu.
lol I love that kid.
Oh - and he finally signed 2 more signs! He's slow but steady - I think he gets it now! His complete list of signs include: more, all done, please, and milk! Yeah - he signed milk for the first time this week ... even though we've been doing it since he was 5 months old!!!
Happy Birthday my sweet sweet boy. We love you so much. xoxoxoxox
muuuwhhhaaa
1 comment:
And in a few weeks, he'll be 20 months - eek! He's such a doll, and I hope he brings you much joy during this time.
Post a Comment