Before I forget - I'm so proud of Ryan today! Today was our first day taking a nap (where he actually slept) without a diaper. We've been talking for months about diapers and babies and who wears diapers....he's tried to convince me that he'll be okay at night with big boy undies but he's never dry in the morning. My compromise has always been that he could try it at naptime and once we master staying dry during naps, we'll start practicing at night.
For the last few weeks, he's kept his diaper dry at naptime so today was the big trial run. I didn't really think he'd actually sleep since we got a late start for naptime but he fell asleep...and I waited......and waited......and waited....just knowing that he'd wake himself up by going potty. After 2 hours, I went to get him up...thinking that he'd for SURE be wet - but he wasn't! He was dry! Even after sleeping.
I DO have a big boy on my hands! I'm so proud of him. Now we'll work on night-time. Guess I should buy real pull-ups instead of nighttime diapers.
GOOOooooo Ryan! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment