Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I'm officially the worst at taking pictures and documenting this pregnancy. It's definitely not that I don't want to - or that it "means" anything different. It's just that I am not blogging about it like I have done in the past.

 
The last month has been a true whirlwind. I've accomplished so much including:

 
  • Making a valance for the nursery (which didn't turn out and I was so sad about it)
  • Shopping for and making sheers for the nursery
  • Making wall art for the nursery
  • Hanging shelves in Ryan's room.
  • Making several freezer meals for after the baby comes
  • Unpacking the "shower" so that the gear could get cleaned
  • Cleaning/washing/scrubbing ALL the gear, clothing, bedding, towels, etc
  • Cleaning out most of Ryan's big boy closet
  • Moving toys upstairs
  • Buying a bookcase for the baby's room (you think this one would have been easy)
All of this while in the last month of my pregnancy.  Did I mention that I was also sick for a good week...and the whole family got sick after me?   I also either broke a rib or pulled a muscle - which made it virtually impossible to do anything for about 3-4 days.

Oh and the best stuff about the last month still needs to be documented!  My amazing baby shower and the amazing maternity pictures that I had taken.    Those will have to wait until tomorrow night.  I'm pooped.

As far as my own updates:
Today I am 38 weeks 4 days.  Two weeks ago I had some serious contractions that stopped me in my tracks while shopping for shelves at Target.  Thank goodness E was there with me.  Haven't really had many good ones since. I get the braxton-hicks ones from time to time but nothing consistent.   I've been between 1 and 2 cm dilated for the last 2 weeks.   My Group B Strep came back negative (yay).  I see my doctor weekly and still love her.  Also love Charlotte, her NP.    I've met 2 of the 3 other doctors in the office and would feel okay with any of them delivering this baby.

We still don't have a name picked out - we're waiting to meet her.   It will either be Amanda Marie or Natalie Jean.   (Or who knows - maybe something else entirely). 

I've had some swelling for the last 2 weeks although it sort of peaked on Sunday (the 18th).  Kind of freaked me out since not only were my feet swollen but my legs were swollen to my knees and my hands were swollen and moving up my arms.  I went down to CVS to their blood pressure thing and although my BP was under the cap for Pre-E, it was quite a bit higher than my normal.   After talking to my Dr, she wasn't too concerned and gave me some symptoms to watch out for.  And strict instructions to go to L&D if anything changed.  If all was fine, I was to go to her office the next day for a BP check....which I did and it's "normal". *Just not normal for me*

I keep hoping that I'll make some progress on my own.  I really don't want pitocin again.  And a small-ish baby would certainly be nice (and less scary).

Okay - I'm going to bed - it's almost midnight!  STay tuned for my blog post about my amazing shower and my maternity pics.  ;p

No comments: