Sunday, April 25, 2010

My AWESOME baby shower - 34 weeks

I don't know where to even begin blogging about my awesome baby shower.  From the absolutely adorable invites (complete with hand cut and sewn cowboy boots) to the sweet banners to the totally original cowboy boot bow-holder/centerpieces to the yummy food to the very best girlfriends and family that I could ever ask for - everything was just amazing.    I'll do my best to showcase all of their hard work - although I'm sure I won't even scratch the surface on all the amazing details!  (Thank you to my friend Stefanie for all the amazing pictures!)

The invitation

The onesie clothesline - complete with adorable handmade custom onesies
The table - the boots were real cowboy boots filled with baby's breath and TONS of custom hair bows! This little girl is set for a LONG time - that's for sure!

The banner on the front door (which now hangs in her room) - it says "baby" with hearts
And the matching "Welcome Baby" banner that hung on the fireplace - which now graced the front of her crib.
The prize bags for the games
The favors for the guests
Playing the first game - A multiple choice quiz where the guests had to guess my response to series of questions!  Totally fun and a good ice breaker!
Opening gifts




My Hostesses
Me and my mom
Me, my sister and my mom
Heading out with the goodies

I couldn't have asked for a nicer shower.  The games were perfect - I came away with a lot of love from the "tell us how you know Donna and what you appreciate about her as a friend/mother" as well as a wonderful birthday keepsake for the baby. Angela knows me too well and sealed all the birthday wishes but in essence I'll open one on every birthday.  Such a sweet and lasting memory of everyone who came to the shower.  I truly feel and felt so incredibly blessed and loved...as I know this little girl miracle will also feel.

Much love to all of you!

P.S. This shirt barely fits anymore - it's exactly 5 weeks after the shower.  :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Beautiful Donna!! Goes to show that talented people flock together!!

Stefanie K. said...

:) You're so welcome. I'm so glad I could give you a little something extra (pics) to remember your day by. It was beautiful, and I'm so excited for you!!