I know - kind of a strange subject for a blog post, right? It's actually a pretty neat post that I'm about to write. Every year, a local rancher brings in 2100 sheep for fire abatement - they basically eat down all the grass. Saves the city money - helps out the farmer - and is a totally 'green' and environmentally friendly option. This farmer moves his sheep from hill to hill - from city-to-city and it's quite a site to see.
These pictures were taken right up the hill from our house - we could hear the sheep bleating and since our neighbor stopped by to ask us if we'd gone, we tried to beat the rain to go check them out. It just started sprinkling as we got there but it didn't matter - we lucked out and the farmer and his dogs were moving the sheep from the upper hill to the lower hill... and it was an amazing site to see (and hear). There were TONS of little babies - all sooo cute.
I'm not sure who loved the adventure more: Ryan, Daddy, or me?!? (I think it was Daddy - he didn't want to leave!)
I'll have to upload the video later - totally neat (and loud)!






No comments:
Post a Comment