The bottom line is that I was so afraid that I'd spill the beans that I didn't blog about my sweet boy and our daily adventures together. Now that we're telling people, I'm so happy to announce that the Martin Family is about to embark upon a new set of adventures! We are pregnant and expecting our newest bundle of joy on May 1st, 2010 (May Day!)!!!
The journey has been a long one - over 20 months of trying, including 6 months of fertility treatments that didn't work - only to give up and try to come to terms that we'd never have the family that we dreamed of. The drugs and science didn't work and we felt there was no hope.
And then one day I was late. So I took a pregnancy test...the one that I had hidden from even myself...the "digital" test...the one that I swore I would never use because I had done this 20 other times only to be disappointed.
(no idea why blogger keeps rotating this file...anyone have any ideas?)
After two separate beta tests (which detect the pregnancy hormone), the first was 234 and the 2nd was 1005, we were cautiously optimistic for our 6 week ultrasound...hoping and praying that there would be a sac and a fetal pole. There WAS!
Our next hurdle was the 8 week ultrasound where we hoped we'd see more of a baby and an actual heartbeat: THERE WAS! So I "graduated" from the fertility clinic and was released to my OB. After the heartache that I experienced with Dr. Nelsen, I was very happy to meet Dr. Riley - I love her! She saw me and the baby at 9 weeks. Here's a picture of our lil miracle baby.
Not really a whole lot to see but hearing the heartbeat and seeing the heartbeat is like nothing you'll ever experience. Especially when you had given up hope.
Our next appointment wasn't until the NT Scan at 13w2d. I always get nervous before appointments because I've felt so much heartache because of what they reveal...but this appointment was awesome. We could see the baby moving around - all the measurements looked good - and it was a nice long viewing.
So as it stands right now, we're officially out of the 1st trimester and cautiously looking forward to a new baby in the family!
I'm going to try to catch up on the last two months of posting...stay tuned.



1 comment:
So truly happy for you guys!!
Post a Comment