Thursday, November 5, 2009

Before I forget....

Ryan has been saying the funniest stuff these days.

Today in the car, he spent a minute or two trying to tell me: "When I say the magic word....you get under the table."
"Do you want me to get under a table when you say the magic words?"
And he screamed "YES". "Abracadabra!!! Okay - get under the table mommy!"
{insert fits of laughter here -from both of us!!!}
When I obviously couldn't crawl under a table because I was driving, he scolded me and said: "Mommy - you didn't get under the table!"
"Oh - well I had to pretend to get under the table because I'm driving"
"Abracadabra!"
"I'm pretend crawling under the table...."
{insert fits of laughter here}

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

While sitting at McDonald's there was a fly on the window and he said:

"You know the 'Shoo-fly' song Mommy?"
"Of course - do you want me to sing it?"
"No - I do it.....Shoo fly - don't bother you"
"Do you mean 'Shoo fly - don't bother me?"
"Yes - {again}"Do you mean 'Shoo fly - don't bother me?"
"YES -Shoo fly - don't bother you...."

A few minutes later:
"Mommy - what is that bug?"
"A fly, sweetheart"
"No - it's a bug!"
"You're right - it is a bug...but the kind of bug is called a fly".
{with completely good grammar and enunciation} "Oh - well Mommy...I thought it was a bug - not a fly."

He sounded like such a big boy.

2 comments:

Alison said...

LOL - too cute!!!

Erica said...

Aww, I love it!! You need to submit some of those to the Parents magazine. ;)