I love Christmas time. I love creating my own traditions and making special memories with my family! One of my favorite traditions is cutting down our own Christmas tree. We go the weekend after Thanksgiving...drive up the hill to Snowy Peaks...and begin the search for the perfect tree. The fun actually began when we stopped for lunch at "donalds". Ryan will no longer sit in a high chair in restaurants so he was standing in the booth next to Daddy having a grand time. The older man on the other side of the divider asked Ryan: "What's your name?" to which Ryan replied: "I Ry". I looked at E and he looked at me! We were both so surprised! Ryan has never said his own name - at least not that we had heard! Since that day in McDonald's, Ryan calls himself "Rynin". It's absolutely adorable!

So that started our day off perfectly! Ryan was happy...we were excited...and off we went. We spent a couple of hours trudging through the hills in search of the perfect tree. It's always more difficult when you're carrying a 28 lb sack of potatoes who hasn't napped. Ryan was a trooper...and so was Daddy. I think Daddy would have been more than happy to get our tree at Home Depot or even SaveMart.

One of the other traditions is after we get the tree, Daddy carries Ryan back up the hill over his shoulder....here's a comparison from last year and this year.
1 comment:
I love the pictures of Ryan this year and last year!
Post a Comment