Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gingerbread House - ugh

I will admit that I've made it my entire life and never attempted a gingerbread house. So this year was the year that I thought it'd be fun to do with Ryan...until I opened the box and saw instructions that indicated that I would probably need canned goods to balance walls and that I needed to let each step dry for an hour. Ummm - do they realize that I have a 7 month old and I don't have that kind of time...especially with an almost-4-year old who wants to do it NOW!

So after about 2-3 weeks of procrastinating, I bit the bullet and we dove right in...and finished the whole thing in about an hour or so. No longer will I fear frosting and gingerbread....a 4 year old on a sugar high? Well that's another story!

The walls and roof are done!
gingerbreadhouse 001
gingerbreadhouse 002
gingerbreadhouse 003
gingerbreadhouse 006

No comments: