Friday, December 3, 2010

Homemade/DIY Advent Calendar

Last year on November 30th, I thought that I could just whip up an advent calendar by heading into Michaels or Joann Fabrics and getting some felt.  Of course this was the day BEFORE you're supposed to start an advent calendar.  Needless to say that I was totally overwhelmed from the minute I walked into Joann's and left without buying a thing.  So I headed to Michaels and ended up purchasing the chocolate advent calendar and promising myself that I'd make my own for the next year.

Around the beginning of November, I saw on a blog that I subscribe to something called a "craft-along" and she was doing an advent calendar.  I thought "why not" and started scouring the internet for some inspiration.  Although it wasn't entirely done before December 1st, a good portion of it was.   Here are a few pictures.  I still need to put the back of it on and blanket stitch all the ornaments.  Maybe I'll get to that next year!  lol


No comments: