Once the invites were sent out, I began working on the favors for the kids. In theory, we were limited to 14 but somehow I invited 16 - oops. So that meant I needed at least 16 favors. And so I started using my leftover felt from my advent calendar project and created some pretty cool masks. Since Ryan already had a mask that came with his cape that I bought on Etsy, I had some lessons learned that I knew I wanted to include in my masks. Number one being that felt stretches....like big time. So the masks that I made are stitched around the edges as well as around the eye holes. I made them in a variety of sizes hoping that they'd fit.
A few days after I finished them (and 2 days before the party), I decided to make matching arm/wrist bands. So 32 arm bands later, we had a matched set for each child coming. These pictures are before the emblems are attached and before the velcro. I don't think I got any final pictures.
That night I also printed out some stickers for the "Superhero Vitamins" (batman and spiderman fruit snacks) only to realize that 1) I was about out of ink and 2) they were too big for the packages. So I did what any crafty gal would do: whip up 16 puff boxes for the snacks to fit into.
It was only the next afternoon that I realized that in my haste to print everything that I put 2010 on both the stickers and the sign. (I fixed it the next day - I guess I had more ink than I originally thought)!
Getting ready for the party wouldn't be complete without a picture of Ryan "helping" by licking the beaters for the cupcakes.
The finished cakes
I also made cupcake wraps with a punch that I bought. This punch will be used as an annual tradition for both kids (and probably Daddy too).
And now it's party time!
Getting it all set up
I didn't decorate the kid's table other than to get table clothes and put out the masks/arm bands.
The cake table
The party begins!







He didn't like this too well - I'm not sure I would have either!

He loved this swing - although I was disappointed that they didn't let everyone have a turn. Kind of sucky if you ask me!

This is what Superbaby did while the kids played

Now it was party/cake time! The kids checking out the room and picking their seat!



We had a really great party. So so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family. I'll blog more about Ryan and his big day but for now, this is what kept me busy for a good part of January!

















4 comments:
Awesome party!! The invite is darling, and my boys loved the cupcakes! Great job with the favors and masks. Happy 4th to Ryan!
Wow Donna! Amazing! You are so talented!
Oh. Em. Gee. Everything looked fabulous. Loved the cupcakes, the masks and armbands. Wish I was as crafty as you.
You're such a fabulous party hostess Donna!! LOVE all the details!!
Post a Comment