Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Pictures - compliments of Sears.

Last week I loaded the kids into the car to head to the Sears at the mall to get the kid's pictures taken in their halloween costumes.  As I approached the mall, the electronic sign said the mall was closed.  I didn't really believe it and since my normal entrance was closed and the next entrance was open - I just went in the next entrance.  As I drove around the mall, I could see workers milling about the perimeter...the buses were full of people leaving...and a fire truck was parked in front of Macy's.  I called E to see if he knew what was going on but he was in his truck and couldn't look it up.  As we approached Sears, a pedestrian told me that there was a gunman holed up in the mall. That was all I needed to hear to high-tail it out of there.  When I got home, the drama at the mall began to unfold - a guy set fire to the game stop and claimed to have some sort of explosive in his backpack.  I'm horrible at re-telling everything so I'll just skip to the end and say that his fire caused $55m in damage and a good portion of the mall is now closed. 

After this fiasco, a few days later we headed to the Sears at another mall to try once again to get pictures taken.   The girl really wasn't very good - she should have told me that a black background wouldn't look good with Ryan's outfit.  Either way - it was a free coupon!






No comments: