So I emailed them asking a few questions....she emailed me back almost immediately. We set up a time to go look at it the next day (in the pouring rain...with Ryan...and with E being sick as a dog). I was worried about a few things: 1) Ryan seeing the swing set because we really wanted it to be a surprise; 2) convincing E that Ryan would love it; and 3) convincing E that it was a good deal.
So I did my research...showed E that it was a $400+ swing set....told him that we didn't have to buy it, just go look...and just hoped that it would work out.
The first thing Ryan said when we saw it was: "WOW - that's a really cool slide!". I knew I didn't have to worry about convincing E about how much Ryan would love it. Ryan did that all on his own. We decided that it was a good deal and gave the woman half of the money to hold it as we didn't want Ryan to know that we were there to look at it for him.
E went back later that day with his cousin and they disassembled it and took it to his cousin's house until the next weekend.
The night before Ryan's birthday party, E and cousin brought the swing set over in the dark and put it up in the backyard. It wasn't ready for playing yet but we wanted to make a big deal out of it near his birthday - and since the whole next week called for rain, we took him to the backyard after dinner to show him.
He was so excited! And of course he wanted to do it right then! But with all the excitement of the birthday party and his actual birthday...and then a week of solid rain...we were able to hold him off until this last weekend.
E and Ryan got the screwdrivers out and took the thing apart....leveled it...moved some things around....and then E let Ryan take his first turn on the slide. I was sad I missed it but I was out running errands when they finished.
Here are a few priceless pictures of it!
Happy Birthday my sweet boy! We love you lots!





No comments:
Post a Comment