Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rocklin Jubilee

Tonite E, Ryan and I went to the Rocklin Jubilee with M, J, and Emily. Ryan had fun watching Emily play on the big slides and bounce houses!

Here's Emily...

And Ryan checking out all the action! (And a good picture of my new stroller! - No didn't really need a new one but found an AWESOME deal on Craigslist that I couldn't pass up...can we just say $55 for a $450 stroller? SCORE!)

After we walked around the festival, we headed back towards the car. There were a lot of people there and trying to navigate the stroller in the crowds would have been too much. I also didn't know how Ryan would respond to the fireworks and I didn't want us trapped at the festival with a scared toddler. So we walked to Wild Dan's pizza place to wait until it got dark. Ryan had a ball chasing Emily around (sorry Emily!!!)...he also got to hear his first live music! The band was really good and I was surprised to hear they were from Concord!!! Ryan danced and ran and had a great time for the hour or so we waited.

When it came time for the fireworks, we watched them from our cars. Ryan LOVED them! He kept saying "ooooh" and "ba-boom". It was adorable! Fireworks: "ba-boOM" "BA-booooom" 'oohhhhh".

We are MORE than ready for our own block party on the actual fourth of July!!!!

No comments: