Thursday, June 19, 2008

Las Vegas??? Again???

Yep - we went to Vegas again. Due to unforeseen and sad circumstances, E was asked by his boss to fill in for him at a big conference in Vegas. As it turned out, his boss had already purchased a ticket for his wife and since she wasn't able to go either, we opted to purchase the ticket. (D - we're so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law). I had hoped that we would have someone to watch Ryan for us while we were gone but unfortunately that didn't happen - - - so Ryan got to come with us once again! :-) He's been to Vegas more times before he turns two than most people ever go!!!

All in all, the trip was virtually identical to the first trip - different hotel and pretty short. This time we stayed in the Palazzo - which is basically the same exact hotel as the Venetian only just next door and a bit fancier. I feel bad because we were there such a short time (one day and 2 nites) that I didn't even call my dear, wonderful friend who lives there! (I'm SORRY if you're reading this!!!)

Since it was so hot, we really didn't do much. Ryan was a trooper on the way out - despite flying during his nap time, he refused to sleep. All-in-all, he slept about 60 minutes at about 5:00: just enough of a catnap to rev him up for livin' large in Vegas! :-) We had a cheap dinner at the mall/food court across the street and then decided to walk the strip. Ryan LOVED all the lights and people! The water show at the Bellagio was so neat for him. I wished I had remembered to bring my camera on that walk because we could have gotten some great pictures! We finally made it back to the hotel around 10:00 pm and got him situated for bed.

Ryan didn't sleep that great on Monday nite and was up bright and early. Since E had his conference, Ryan and I headed to the pool. Would you believe that Vegas broke a heat record while we were there? The "low" was 87 degrees! I'm so glad we went to the pool at 9:00 in the morning. Ryan loved the pool - it had a very shallow area that is typically used for the lounge chairs. It was the perfect depth for Ryan. He also had a good time chasing the birds. "Bbbb" "Bbbbb" "Bbbbb" (Birds is what he was saying). After showers, baths, and getting ready, we walked over to the mall again for lunch and shopping (it was already about 100 degrees at 11:00!). The rest of the day was uneventful...if not boring. Ryan was over-tired but wouldn't sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. By the time E was done with classes, I felt like I was going to go crazy! :-)

We left bright and early the next morning. Ryan did GREAT on the flight home with me...slept for about 45 minutes - which was WONDERFUL! He didn't sleep much again today but he made up for it at night. He went down at 7:00 and didn't get up until 8:00 the next morning. YAY!

I know that we're all pretty sick of Vegas at this point and can't wait for E to get home on Friday! YAY!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am glad your trip went so smooth! I can't believe it was that hot though!