Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting ready for pre-school

Sending your child to pre-school can be a little nerve-wracking. All sorts of parental-emotions are running rampant. In my case, our first born is off to pre-k. I know that he is going to love it - I know that I will miss him. I just can't believe that he's 4.5. So many kids start so much earlier, but this is a first for us.

Because it's a first, I wanted to do something special with him. Something that we could do every year for as long as he wanted to participate...and something that Natalie could participate in when she starts school. So I decided that we would make cupcakes. I let Ryan decide what kind of cupcakes he wanted - and he chose "rainbow". Oh my...rainbow cupcakes? Nothing like asking for something non-standard! Luckily for me, I'm addicted to party blogs and knew how to make rainbow cupcakes. He loved making them AND eating them.

FirstDayofSchool-prep 002
FirstDayofSchool-prep 004
And he ate them the way any good 4 year old kid would: frosting first. ;)
IMG_1261

One more day until pre-school. Where did my baby go?

No comments: