Today was an unusual nap day. And boy did I need it - his nap, not my own. There was no arguing, just some rolling around and singing and then Ryan was out! For 2 blissful hours!!! And if that wasn't a little slice of heaven, right when I needed it most, he woke up in a GREAT mood. Was nice and sweet and helpful all night.
And as a special treat, Daddy, Ryan and I played a rousing game of Hide-n-go-seek. Ryan loves to count and try to find us. He counts to 12 and shouts "Ready or not....here I come." He always looks in the place you hid last but will quickly move on to the next spot. Laughing the whole time. Thinking he found you at every corner and screaming "I found you" even when there's no one there.
Once you're found, there's always a hug and a "okay Mommy/Daddy - your turn to count". Ryan loves to hide - he's just not very good at staying in his spot. He'll always tell you where he is when you come in the room: "I'm behind the chair mommy!" Followed by tons of giggles. You can't help but laugh because it's so much fun.
The best story of the night: I was hiding and Daddy was helping Ryan look for me. I was hiding way back behind the dining room table in the dark. In the front room, there are little piles of new girls clothes as well as empty diaper boxes waiting to be filled. Ryan went flying up to one particular box and yelled "A-HA! I found you" and ripped open the box fully expecting to find me hiding in this diaper box. I couldn't contain my laughter and he immediately found me but man - both Daddy and I were cracking up. It was so funny.
I love nights like this. Exactly what I needed after a pretty horrible day.
1 comment:
So fun!!
Post a Comment