Friday, February 5, 2010

28 weeks - pregnancy

Seems like a lot has happened since my last update so I'll do my best to summarize. Thank goodness for my journal that I keep - I wouldn't remember half of this stuff. (Oh and if you don't like a lot of pregnancy talk and scares and TMI, then stop reading after the pictures)!

Here are a few pictures from today (technically 27w 6d). My sweet boy giving me and Boom-Boom some love.



Now...for the deets:
Back in early January (I was 24 weeks), I had more red bleeding. I was a little nervous because this happened the same day as our snow day adventure and I was pretty worried that I really did too much. I called the on-call doctor and he basically told me to get off my feet, take it easy and to call them if I had contractions or if the bleeding continued. (Actually, if I had contractions, I was supposed to go to labor and delivery). Everything stopped the later that night and nothing happened the next day. I still took it easy and tried not to do too much.

The next week - which was week 25, I had more bleeding and got the same advice: take it easy, get off my feet and call back if it continued. The doctor told me on both occasions that a lot of women bleed and to try not to worry. Like the time before, it stopped.

When I had my appointment with my doctor this week, she did an exam as well as a test on my cervix. The test would basically tell her if my body was about to go into labor within the next two weeks. (Thankfully it came back negative the next day but I was worried none-the-less). With the exam, she was able to tell me that my cervix was closed (yay) and long (yay- means that labor is not anywhere close...it has to be short for labor to begin) but that she discovered a polyp.

This was the source of my bleeding. She assured me that it shouldnt' cause me any complications with my pregnancy or my delivery but she did want to keep a closer eye on me. So rather than see me every 4 weeks, she'd start to see me every 2.

Works for me!

It also seems that my weight gain has slowed down - finally! I was consistenly gaining 4-5 pounds every month for a good majority of my check-ins. At the appointment on the 21st of January, I only gained 2 pounds and at the appointment this last Thursday, I didn't gain anything! YAY!

My blood pressure is still really good (which is opposite what I was with Ryan...I had good blood pressure until the end of my pregnancy and then it got close to being "high").

At week 26 (January 23rd), I took my glucose test which tests for gestational diabetes and I was well within the normal range - so that was good. I also ordered the bedding for the baby this week. Should be here sometime next week.

At week 27, I could not only feel the baby moving, but I can also see her moving. Now THAT is so trippy! I love it though. E gets a little freaked out about it...too many Alien movies, I think!

My heartburn set in this week - mainly at night. I finally resorted to some Tums and that seems to take care of it so I can sleep.

I'm still able to sleep through the night without having to get up to pee constantly. So that's a good thing.

We also ordered the baby furniture this week. Sooo excited! The rails for Ryan's big boy bed should be here next week...so we just need to get the bed out of the guest room and paint and then we can move Ryan into the guest room.

I'm really excited to start this third trimester! I can't believe that I'm 7 months along! We get to see this little girl at least one more time - we have an ultrasound scheduled at the end of February (30 weeks) to take measurements and check for Down's soft markers again. Please say a prayer that she's healthy.

Life is good. I feel so blessed.

No comments: