Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September - At a glance

September was a busy month for the Martins - -- we had several trips to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm as well as a camping trip and my mom's 60th birthday party. Add to all of that weekly music classes that Ryan absolutely loves, Mops which runs every other Friday, and a new activity called "Mom-to-Mom" and we have a very busy schedule!

Music Together
You might remember that Ryan and I used to attend these classes for about a year or so but stopped taking them for a while. After a long, hot summer, we were looking forward to doing something this fall and I decided to give music another shot. And I'm so glad that we did! Ryan loves it! He loves to march and play the instruments and hit the drum and is learning to sing the songs and do the hand movements. His absolute favorite thing? The parachute. He LOVES the parachute and I'm sure wishes that we could do it every week. It's amazing how fast he's learning and remembering. We'll listen to the CD in the car and when a song finishes, he'll tell me: "Ohh - that was a fun song". It's so cute.

Here are a few of his favorite music together songs from this session:

Ram Sam Sam (mommy's opinion - very annoying but Ryan loves it)
The Bee Hive song
(Here is the bee hive but where are the bees? Hiding away where NOBODY sees...if you will watch them, they'll come out of the hive...One, Two, Three, Four, FIVE!)
The Ant Marching Song (I think that's the name of the song)

Mops
I love attending MOPs (Mother's of Pre-Schoolers). The women in our group are amazing - the speakers are good, the crafts are fun, the food is good, and the kids have a blast in childcare. It's something I look forward to on a bi-weekly basis. I love it so much that I decided to sign us up for Mom-2-Mom - which is through Garrison's mom's church.

Mom-2-Mom
Mom-2-Mom is very similar to MOPs although less expensive and more structured. Ryan attends the childcare while I get to meet new friends and hear the speaker of the day and eat a good breakfast. I've only been to a few sessions but enjoy the time with the other women and I know that Ryan is having a blast in the childcare.

No comments: