
And
A Potty for Me

We read through both books on Thursday afternoon and again on Friday but didn't try to go potty. Saturday morning when Ryan woke up, I asked him if he wanted to sit on his potty and read his new books. He said "YES" and so we did!
He didn't want me in the bathroom so after I made sure that all the boy parts were in the appropriate place, I left him in the bathroom while I folded a few clothes. Before I knew it, he threw the door open and was yelling about the pee-pee and "oh-no!!!". I thought he was pulling my leg, but there definitely was pee-pee in the potty!!!! (And a bit on the rug which is what he freaked out about). I totally did the potty dance and made a big fuss about it. I was SOOOO proud of him. Such a big boy. We threw the rug in the washing machine and I made a big to-do about cleaning out the potty (he helped) and then we flushed and waved bye-bye. He was pretty excited too!
And then he needed his treat...a sucker (or chocolate). He opted for sucker.
And it gets even better. He went AGAIN later in the day. And he TOLD me he had to go. Seriously...I love this kid. I probably don't have to tell you that I cried this morning...I'm a sap...I'm not afraid to admit it!

2 comments:
GREAT JOB, Ryan!!
He's getting so big!!! Congrats Mama!! I love any video of Ryan... his little voice is precious!
Post a Comment