Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A few more "ryan-isms"

A few stories for your enjoyment:

For the last few months, Ryan has been calling the ear muffs that Daddy wears while doing yard work "ear muffins". It's incredibly cute when he's trying to tell me a story about needing the ear muffins because it takes about 2-3 minutes to get the one sentence out because he's so excited to talk about them. And you can't say "ear muffins" without hims putting his hands over his ears....which inevitably leads to him plugging his ears and talking loud and soft to test out his hearing. Soooo cute!

Ryan gets absolutely FRUSTRATED when you don't let him do something he thinks he should be doing. It could be anything from unlocking the door to closing the garage door to putting the valve in his sippy cup to taking the lid off of the apple juice to using a pillow he doesn't want you to use. He gets so "excited" that he forgets to use his words and just runs down the hall and does a "seat drop" (which is basically his version of throwing himself on the floor). At least this was the mode of operundi until a few days ago....now he gets mad and hits whoever he's mad at. And when he gets in trouble for that, he hits the couch....or the table....or the floor....or the wall. Fun times. ;)

And the all time "oops" moment comes from Daddy and the diaper changes. Daddy is way more fun than mommy when it comes to changing time. Daddy always has a name for Ryan's private parts. The "oops" moment came about 4-5 months ago when I heard daddy calling Ryan's goods a "meat rocket". I immediately told Daddy that he shouldn't call it that because Ryan will pick it up and start saying it. Daddy didn't use that term again but about 2 months ago, Ryan and I were in the backyard (back-Ward) playing. Ryan had a bucket of rocks and he pulled one out and put it on his head and started saying something that I couldn't understand. After he said 3 times, I realized that he was saying "meat rocket". All I could do was shake my head and laugh. And then call Daddy and tell him what he's taught our sweet innocent little boy. I tried to correct Ryan and ask him if he was talking about the rocket from the Little Einsteins but Ryan told me no....that he was talking about his winkie. Great. Funny --- but "great".

And a few more words....neither Daddy or I know what these mean but we like them:

koing-going (not go-ing...like I'm going to the store... but 'going' as in rhymes with koing).
dappa dappa (again -- no idea what this means or why he says it)

Being a mom is the best thing ever! We laugh a lot...we explore a lot....and we play chase a lot. Ryan's favorite game.

No comments: