Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's a BIG BOY BED!

The hubs and I had been talking about converting Ryan's crib to his new toddler bed for a week or more. I decided one afternoon that I would go ahead and convert it. I was so proud of myself for taking it apart only to discover that I was missing a couple of very important parts: the new screws and the feet for the front of the bed. I searched this darn house high and low trying to find them. When I was finally able to get ahold of the hubs, he reminded me where we put them when we assembled the crib. Must have been my pregnancy brain that didn't remember THAT clever hiding place!

But I digress....once I finally got it put together, I took the requisite picture....

...and then called Ryan upstairs and here's his reaction.





Turkey. Turns out he wanted mommy's tools so that he could put his crib back together!!!! Silly boy. My favorite part? "oh no". (I laugh every time I watch this video....he's so serious!)

Luckily for us, the transition to his big boy bed has went SUPER smooth. He's such a good boy. He listens when I tell him to stay in bed. He does hop out from time to time but only because he's dropping his animals out of bed and stretches as F...a....r.... as he can to get them. He doesn't get out to play with toys...or grab more books or anything.

And I was fully prepared to put the front of the crib back on. I feel so blessed that it went so smoothly.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Love how serious he is to fix his broken bed!! ;)

Sheila said...

That is awesome! Yay Ryan for transitioning so well! We have the same sort of crib, but I'm terrified to make the switch anytime soon.

Stefanie K. said...

haha...I had to watch that video twice. That was classic. "It's broken mom!" I love it. He's adorable!!