I would be remiss if I didn’t take the opportunity to capture for my family the huge historic victory that America took part in today: November 4, 2008. Election Day – 2008. The day that history was written…the day that America’s voice was heard…the day Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States...the day that America elected it’s first African-American President. The day that we all shouted: Yes! Yes we can!
We made history today. I haven’t been this proud to be an American (or as emotional about being an American) since September 11, 2001. Obama’s speech was touching, exciting, and full of hope and promise. I’m excited for what’s to come…I’m glad to be an American…and I’m thankful that change is coming. I'm excited about what this means for the next generation. Obama's excitement is contagious!
So when our President asks us to share the burden...to pitch in and help...to love and support one another....I, for one, am happy to do so.
God Bless America!
2 comments:
GREAT entry Donna!! And cheers!!
No pics of Ryan at the polls?! It was an amazing day! Congrats to us all!
Post a Comment