Monday, April 21, 2008

The Second Chapter...

...it seems like the ink is barely dry on Chapter One (aka Ryan's Blog) and Chapter Two is on it's way to being written. As you may know, I was very sad to close down Ryan's baby blog - it just felt wrong to me...like I was losing something so precious...like I was admitting that my baby was no longer a baby.

It was time - time to expand my blogging obsession to the whole family...of which Ryan is a big part! It didn't help that the babysite was just about at capacity with pictures and videos - I had to remove the videos of Ryan walking in order to add more pictures. And heaven knows, I couldn't delete any of the old pictures!!!!

I think it really hit me last week when I got an email from a friend saying that she didn't log on before the site expired but she wanted me to know how much she liked staying in contact with me through Ryan's blog. I was really moved by the email and then had to go check for myself: was it really "gone"? Well - no...but instead of logging in to the manager site, it brought me to a screen asking me to pay $35 to continue with the site.

So, it was official - the site was down. My saving grace? I was able to spend $15 to get something that is priceless to me: a CD version of Ryan's blog. Every word I wrote - every feeling I expressed - every picture I uploaded - every comment that was signed in his guestbook...from the moment I started the blog (about halfway into the pregnancy) to about a week ago.

Life is good. And you know me - I cried when I reviewed it! How could I not?


Sooo - on that note. Welcome to our new blog. I hope that you enjoy the journey with us. I look forward to our new tales....and may the adventure continue.

11 comments:

Bubs's Blog said...

We can't wait to hear all about chapter two!! Ryan has such great adventures!! :-)

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Chapter 1 was awesome and I'm excited for chapter 2!

SAM said...

How cute is your blog background?! I look forward to reading about Ryan's new adventures as a big boy! And how sad that you can't even view the babysite anymore. :-(

Erica said...

Ditto on the blog background--it looks so cool! I'm looking very forward to the next chapters of Ryan's adventures. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. :)

JenR said...

Hooray! You’re back! I just loved reading Ryan’s blog, and I’m so happy that I’ll be able to continue to do so. Not to mention, the addition of the adventures of Mr. & Mrs. Martin. Now I just KNOW there will be some good stories there!

Katie said...

the journey has so much more in store for you! I am glad you loved the CD you got. I felt the same way about my blog book. priceless.

Bre said...

I'm so excited for your new blog!!! Thanks for allowing me to read/comment!

Rachel said...

Yay! I am so glad we get to keep up with your family!

The Abe Green Family said...

Can't wait to keep up with all of your adventures!!

Nick, Jocelyn and Kevin said...

Looking forward to reading about all of your family adventures!! Glad you could get a copy of your other blog - I'd cry too. :)

Amanda said...

I'm so excited for Chapter 2...when did all our babies start growing up?