Sunday, May 8, 2011

Natalie's Very First Birthday Party

When I began thinking about Natalie's First Birthday - and her party specifically - I had a lot of ideas. Too many in fact. A circus party...a "mini" party...a "1" party....a pink lemonade and yellow flower party....a pinwheel party...etc, etc, etc. I finally narrowed it down to a pinwheel party - made a bunch of pinwheels - and then promptly changed my mind. I finally ended up with a "very first birthday party" and used bright pinks, orange, and teal as my color palette.

After my friend Julie took these amazing pictures of Natalie, I incorporated as many as I could into her birthday invite.

etsyproof
The matching labels
NataliesParty-Part 1 062v2

Me and my sweet baby girl right before her party began:
NataliesParty-Part 1 023
NataliesParty-Part 1 024

I searched and searched for a cake topper and stumbled upon this Etsy seller. She created the most adorable custom topper for Natalie. I absolutely LOVE it and she can use it until she turns 21!!!!
NataliesParty-Part 1 001
NataliesParty-Part 1 017
NataliesParty-Part 1 018

The drink station
NataliesParty-Part 1 005
NataliesParty-Part 1 014

NataliesParty-Part 1 013

Cupcakes
NataliesParty-Part 1 012

Marshmallow Pops
NataliesParty-Part 1 015
NataliesParty-Part 1 016

The backyard - all dressed up and ready
NataliesParty-Part 1 008

The pinwheels (that I had already made)
NataliesParty-Part 1 029

The ball pit (which is now housed in the kiddy pool)
NataliesParty-Part 1 009
NataliesParty-Part 1 011

My awesome friend Rachel let me borrow her cricut so my mom and I assembled all the butterfly table decorations the night before the party.
NataliesParty-Part 1 019

The favors were supposed to be these zinnias that I grew but sadly they grew MUCH slower than I anticipated!
NataliesParty-Part 1 022

The Birthday Girl (with her favorite toy: the MP3 player that her big brother also loved)
NataliesParty-Part 1 027

Ready for the party
NataliesParty-Part 1 037

Natalie and Taylor
NataliesParty-Part 1 038

Opening Presents
NataliesParty-Part 1 040
NataliesParty-Part 1 047

Getting Ready for Cake
NataliesParty-Part 1 036

Family!
NataliesFirstBirthdayParty-Part 2 030

She LOVES cake! (which really explains the sweet tooth I had while PG with her!)
Cakecollagepage1 copy
cakecollagepage2 copy

All done...and off to the bath...fully clothed.
NataliesFirstBirthdayParty-Part 2 054
Natalie really had a great time at her party!  She loved all the people - the food (which I must have forgotten to take pictures of but it was basically 2 kinds of lasagna, a crockpot of spaghetti sauce with noodles on the side and a baked corkscrew pasta).  I have to say that having a birthday in the backyard is so much easier than in the house!  

Happy Birthday to my sweet sweet Natalie.  We love you so so much.

No comments: