Ryan really loves to tell stories...and explain to me why things are the way they are. His latest?
Ryan: "Mommy: do you know why those are called 'lectricity wires"?
Me: "Because they have electricity running through them?"
Ryan: "NOooo - because they'll give you a BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG jolt". Me: "ooooh - thank you for the warning!" (tee hee)
Natalie is quite the conversationalist. She loves to talk - and if you talk back with her...she's all smiles. Conversations usually sound something like this:
Natalie: "Aaaahhhhoooooooo"
Me: "aaaaahhhhooooo????"
Natalie: "Eeeeeeeeee"
Me: "eeeeee"?
Natalie: (laughs) "AAAaaaaaaaa"
Me: (laughs) "I love you little NJ" kisss kiss kisss
Ryan is obsessed with creating patterns and linking things together. If there is a hanger left out or anything at all that can be used to hook two things together, he's all over it. It's not unusual to find a baby hanger hanging from a dresser knob with a whole slew of items hanging from it: his baby pillow (which used to hang on his door but he's ripped the ribbon out so he now has to be creative in attaching it to the hanger), a dangling halloween necklace, a christmas bell left over from last year (the kind that you hang on a doorknob), a ribbon from natalie's slippers, a hair bow that he confiscated, and sometimes a pair of underwear. (It really just depends on what's laying around and how strong the hanger is.
Natalie started blowing raspberries today. It's so incredibly cute. I'll hear her out of the blue just blow one...so of course I'll mimic her. She finds this incredibly funny and actually cracks up. And then she does it again. It's a fun game.
It reminds me of a saying about kids and babies. I don't remember it exactly but the gist of it is that you can have a HORRIBLE day with your kids or your baby or whomever but all it takes is one little smile/hug/look/raspberry....and all is forgiven. Your heart melts. I'm lucky that I get those moments from both Natalie and Ryan. Ryan's moments are getting further in between - he's got such a little attitude lately. But when he comes to me with those big big eyes of his and says that he wants to cuddle or that he loves me (out of the blue)...I'm putty. I'm totally wrapped around their fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment