Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The CA State Fair

I've been wanting to go the CA state fair since Ryan was a baby.  Each year, I'd plan to go only to change my mind since it was so stinking hot.  This year, we've had a really mild summer and was really happy to attend the fair with a couple of my girlfriends and their kiddos.



Checking out the huge turtles


I really wanted to take Ryan to see the animated/life-size dinosaur exhibit. One of his favorite shows right now is called Dinosaur Train and I thought he'd love it. We wasn't too sure about the whole thing - and was basically pretty quiet.


Waiting in line to see the dinosaurs - they were "roaring"
Inside the exhibit
There was actually a pretty scary scene with two giant t-rexes standing over a fallen dinosaur with his insides showing.  All the moms steered the kids away from that part of the exhibit.  Ryan did ask me "Mommy - why is that dinosaur laying down?"  sigh - "well son, he fell down."   Luckily he didn't see that the t-rexes were eating him.  I'm so not ready for that convo!

Driving the Flintstone's Car
Inside the Disney Animation exhibit
Getting ready to milk a cow...


Getting disinfected

They also made butter - that was neat.

Riding a few rides:

We had a really fun day. It got a little hot there at the end - but it was super fun.  Natalie was a trooper...she either hung out in the stroller sleeping or I wore her in my carrier.
And sleeping in the stroller...

This was the first time we tried out the 2nd seat with both kids.  I didn't bring in Natalie's car seat - she laid flat under Ryan's seat.  I should have taken a picture of Ryan.  He was a tad too tall for the seat and his head was mashed up against the sun shade. 

Thanks to our friends - what a great day!

No comments: